Re: (Hopefully) simple Battle Zone problem

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 13:12:49 EDT

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> This is the classic HV diode (I think the original number is
> H1812 or H1809, depending on which monitor you're looking at -- I forgot
> already!) that can be replaced by an SK7333 or NTE527A.

Same as the Electrohome in Asteroids -- cool.

Any recomendations on removing the old one and insulating the new ? I got
my Asteroids cheap because the previous owner had replaced the diode badly.
Insulated it with this white goop that looked like silcone sealant for
bathrooms. Arced right through it. Also looked like the leads mighty short.

I ended up insulated that with some heavy tubing and plain-old electrical
tape. Is there any way to salvage the rubber ends I see on there now, or
are they one-shot deals ?

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/