X2212's and DACs...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 19:46:08 EDT

Well, the AD561's look like a bust at this point. Came in at $14 a pop,
managed to beat them down to $10, but that's too rich for my blood. I
might try to make a little adapter board and use something more
common/easier to get. Anyone know of any likely crosses? (I'm thinking
surface mount AM6012's and just using the top 10 bits...)

Someone was asking me about X2212's too (but I forgot who and can't find
the e-mail...). I just got 50 for the new SW/ESB boards, so if anyone
needs some, e-mail me.

-Clay

(and as long as I've got your attention-- those of you still waiting for
MultiPacs: they might not ship until next week. My chips are sitting
in Panang waiting to clear customs... Don't ask... ;-)