Re: BZ Mathbox prom part #

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 10:45:15 EDT

David Shoemaker wrote:

> I need to burn some of these but I don't know what part to get (also need to
> do some Star Wars MB Proms).
>
> Are they all the same across the games that used them or will I need
> different parts?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Tempest/Battlezone/Red Baron all have the same Mathbox PROM's in them I
believe. I had to rob 4 from a Tempest once to fix a Battlezone. Star
Wars does not use the AM2901 Bit Slice Processors for it's Mathbox so
the PROM's will be completely different. From what I understand you
should replace your Matrix PROM's on Star Wars with ESB versions since
they are backwards compatible with Star Wars but also support a new
instruction or two that ESB uses.
  jess