Yet another interest poll...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 14:02:24 EDT

The repair gods were smiling on me last night and I got about 5 Star
Wars boardsets working. :-) Problem is that with a couple more dead AVG
Controller chips (137179?) I'm now down at least 6 myself and another 3
 from a friend locally.

So... Looks like it's time to finally make some AVG controller
replacements. I know there's a few of you that need some, so I'm trying
to decide what to do. My first reaction is just go the "obvious" route
and build a TTL replacement board (kinda big) and say I don't care what
they cost. If I'd need to make more than a dozen or so though I'd spend
a little time and cost-reduce the design.

Anyway, if you'd be interested in replacement "AVG Controllers", please
e-mail me with how many you'd want. Figure they'll be between $15 and
$30 each depending on the level of integration and quantity I finally
build.

Thanks,
-Clay

P.S. Got a "forsale"... Anyone want a hard-cover book "Troubleshooting
and Repairing Computer Monitors" by Stephen Biglow? Good general
purpose book for Raster monitor repair-- and the theory parts help
understand HV generation and deflection and CRT types. Pretty much
technician level, covers threory, tools, techniques. I have two for
some reason. $20 + $3 shipping. (Amazon has a write-up at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0070057338/002-5027792-8219266
mine is the first edition though...)