Re: WG Color XY Tubes

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 11:39:58 EDT

On Oct 20, 11:04am, Todd Miller wrote:
> Subject: RE: WG Color XY Tubes
> So what do you get with the tube ?

Just that...a tube...nothing else.

> Does it come with yoke/deflection
> coils
> or the magnetic slip rings assembly ? I am just curious how involved it
> would
> be to replace the tube, dealing with purity, convergence, aligning of
> the
> yoke, etc...I have an Asteroids cocktail with bad burn and have thought
> about replacing the tube.

For a B&W vector game, purity and convergence don't matter. What I did for
mine was installed the tube and turned the game on. I put on some rubber
gloves and just turned/pulled/pushed the yoke until I liked what I saw. Really
easy.

For color vector monitors, however, I suspect that would be a little more work,
but the procedure for correcting the purity, convergence, etc is all in the
manual, so it's just a matter of following the steps until you see something
you like.

The cocktail tube that I bought cost $75.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL