RE: Dedicate Major Havoc rollers

From: Mitchell Rohde <bovine_at_eecs.umich.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 16:53:06 EDT

 Machining the roller from a round piece of plastic stock is an easy
 thing to do. Could someone with one of these take a few pics and
 make a few measurments? the next step (before actually making one)
 is to figure our what type of plastic/material to use. Teflon?

 The frame (I assume is similar to a trackball box) is probably not
 too bad, as all it has to be is the right shape and pretty tough.

 I was investigating reproducing the Battlezone centering bellows... turns
 out producing a rubber like that with the right flexibility requires
 a vulcanization type process -- heat, pressure, shit I can't handle.
 I bought some nice purable/curable rubber, but not the right
 elasticity... anyway, that's just my blathering. Just making a hard
 plastic part in a mold isn't that bad at all...

                                mitch