AVG Replacements/Spinner/CPU Get Well boards...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 19:18:28 EDT

Just a little update.

Only had two people ask for Sega Spinner interface boards, so I ordered
6 PCB's. (MarkJ-- That leaves up to 4 four you if you need them.)

The same boards have my prototype AVG Controller replacements on them,
so by this time next week I should know if those work or need more
tinkering...

I got the CPU Get Well kit working last night. Built one up for Space
Duel (it was the easiest for me to get inside). It works fine, but I
had a screw-up that can cause some problems. (Turns out my VCC traces
got set to just .01" instead of .02" that I usually use-- I'm getting a
LOT noise on the VCC rail as a result, which causes all but NEC SRAMs to
have bit errors. Whoops.) Adding some wires on VCC in parallel and
bypass caps should clear up the problem on the protos, and I'll beef up
the traces for the production boards. (DaveF-- if you still need one to
play with let me know...)

-Clay