45 degree angle prob (was Re: Testing a G-08 color vector monitor)

From: <sickgear_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 17:51:00 EST

On Oct 26, 7:39pm, sickgear@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>> Subject: Re: Testing a G-08 color vector monitor
>> On 10/26/98 13:07:12 you wrote:
>

>><snip>
>>
>> Anybody know why all the vectors would be drawn at a 45 degree angle (which
decreases as the game
>> warms up... about 20 minutes and all the vectors are about flat)? That's the final problem I
have
>> w/mine, and I can't figure it out. Everything is in the right place (vert.and horiz deflection)
>> just... flat. :(

>Sounds like the XY pair in the card cage are messed up.
>Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
>Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL

Unfortunately not. I have another XY pair and I get the same problem... I'm pretty sure it's
deflection board related but I can't find it...

Anyway, for entertainment at least I've put pictures of what I'm talking about up at

http://pw2.netcom.com/~sickgear/tscan2.gif
and
http://pw2.netcom.com/~sickgear/tscan3.gif

If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear 'em!

Thanks,

Derek

Check out my super-cool text only FSoT pages:

http://pw2.netcom.com/~sickgear/fsa.htm
for arcade related stuff

 and

http://pw2.netcom.com/~sickgear/fs2.htm