Re: G08 to WG

From: Paul Tonizzo <tonizzo_at_sybase.com>
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 09:02:56 EST

> I bought a Star Trek and had it shipped from CA to New Jersey. In the
>process the neck of the G-08 snapped leaving me with no monitor :-( I
>but a request out on RGVAC and Art Mallet said he would sell me one out
>of a Space Duel. It didn't dawn on me until I opened the box that Atari
>used a WG an not an Electrohome for their vectors. Is there anyway I
>can use my Wells-Gardner on my Sega game?

Wow - major bummer. :'(

Yes, you can use it! I am running all the Sega XY games out of my Space
Duel cabinet
(WG 6100 XY). The draw rate is a little slower so you may see a stray
vector or two
occasionally but it's definately very playable.

The other alternative is to locate a new tube - talk to Mark Jenison - he's
looking into it
right now.

Check out:
http://www.spies.com/arcade/conversion/SegaToAtariXYConv