Re: LV2000 demands

From: Andrew Wilson <andrew_at_hyperbole.com>
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 17:53:21 EST

>So what's the point? Justify the price by saying we do what others don't
>feel like doing!

        So, since when do Jeff and Anders have to justify their prices at all?
That's the beauty of the free market - you are free to purchase or not purchase their
goods, or even to make a competing product if you want. Given that you aren't offering
to sell your boards, why are you bothering to butt in here?

        I think Jeff and Anders are doing a service to those of us who are handy with
a soldering iron, but aren't adept enough to design and fab their own boards. There's
nothing wrong with their making a little money on the side - that way, everybody wins.
And, they make their parts list, board layouts, and schematics public, so people who
are so inclined can make their own. How can anyone complain?

        Anyhow, Jeff, I hope that one or two gripers don't dissuade you from going
forward with this project. Your product is appreciated by many in the vector
community.

                                Drew