The Final Solution (was: RE: LV2000 demands)

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortel.ca>
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 15:55:00 EST

In message "LV2000 demands", Jeff Anderson writes:

> That is an excellent improvement, unfortunately the LV2000 does not take
> the transistors out of the loop, that IS the main weakness.

<SNIP>

> If there was a cost effective solution to take the trannys out of the loop
> you still have the deflection transistors to deal with.

Hey, I've got an idea!

Let's just loose those pesky power transistors once and for all.
We'll just replace the LV reg and deflection trani's altogether
with some KT66's or KT88's! These babies basically have built in
over-current protection. Pull too much current, they just glow
a little brighter! ;-) (and the fuse *WILL* blow before the outputs).
Best part is - no s/w mods required!

I always knew solid state would never catch on! ;-)

-Mark