19V2000 HV Level and Problem

From: Simon Whittam <Simon.Whittam.shag_at_nt.com>
Date: Sat Nov 14 1998 - 14:14:35 EST

On the subject of HV, I have a 19V2000 (P299?) in an AST DEL that
has 14KV for about two minutes and then it starts to drop to
7KV and stablizes. The effect is a screen that gets bigger and
bigger and bigger so that you can only see the 3" square center
of the screen. I've installed a cap kit, replaced the small TO92
drive transistors for the series BJT (not replaced though), and
replaced the two zeners in the error amp/regulator section. But the HV
still drops.
(NOTE: I've narrowed it down to the HV cage but testing in another cab with
known good
deflection board and CRT etc).

Do I need a new HV diode (suspect leaking?)? Connector issue (though
I have reflowed the connections)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

  SPW
  Kanata, Ontario