RE: Multi cabinet control panel routing

From: David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech) <a-dashoe_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 15:25:20 EST

>Hmmmm. I'd still say a 40 pin PIC or Atmel AVR would be
>better/easier/faster to do. Lattice is always expensive... But, that
>having been said...

Honestly at this point I don't care about cost so much. I am looking for an
elegant solution to this problem and this is pretty nice (I think :)

>Drop me an e-mail with what you're having trouble with and I'll try to
>help...

A lot of my problem was just understanding how to tell it what I was doing.
The bread board version uses a mess of OC output AND gates 1 pin on each
gate is the input line from the control panel the other side is the "enable"
from the 3->8 selector. I just don't see a chip library with 74 series
parts to drop in..... This is where my ignorance with the tool really comes
into play.

>> If someone can help me I would be glad to contribute to there new
>> years beer
v> fund :) This is the last part I need to solve to complete a project I
>> have
>> been working on for nearly 3 years.
>>
>I still think a cheap little microcontroller would be best though.
>(What are your main requirements? I/O count?)

Primary requirement
20 bit in
20 bit out
3 bits of mode selection.