Multi cabinet control panel routing

From: David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech) <a-dashoe_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 14:22:06 EST

A while back I was asking for ideas on signal routing of control panels for
multi-cabs (Cinimatronics / Williams / etc.) I had been thinking about a
PIC solution: read bits from input latch, remap, write bits to output latch.

I sent mail out to the pic list and got feedback that yea its doable but not
simple. But I did get one piece of mail suggesting I look a the Lattice
Semi. ispGDX / ispGDS parts, these are programmable Generic Digital
Crosspoint devices specifically designed for signal routing.
http://www.latticesemi.com/prodinfo/ispgds.html

So I ordered there disk and tried to give it a whack. Now I hit the snag, I
don't know how to use the design software (ISP Synario starter), the docs
are for dog snot and I have been floundering for the past 2 months on this.

I thought I would mention it and see if I could get some pointers on using
Synario or maybe someone else with a bit more programmable logic design
experience would like to pick it up. It looks like this would be pretty
much a 1 chip control panel routing solution.

If someone can help me I would be glad to contribute to there new years beer
fund :) This is the last part I need to solve to complete a project I have
been working on for nearly 3 years.

Thanks,
David