Re: Electrohome G08 Question

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 12:14:34 EST

On Dec 2, 8:34am, Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California wrote:
> Subject: Electrohome G08 Question
> Well - I'm happy to say that I've *almost* got this monitor working for my
> Space Fury now. I'm getting a picture. The graphics get scrambled on
> certain parts of the screen - and some of the colors are off. Much easier
> to deal with than a small spot in the center of the screen.
>
> The quesiton I have is - In the G08-003 Schematics - the resistor R932 is
> shown as .68 ohm 1 watt resistor. In the Parts list, it's shown as a 68
> ohm resistor. ...and then on the schematics, pin 7 of the HV unit is
> showing +63VAC while Mark Jenison's description shows pin 7 as being just
> +6.3VAC.

First rule is to always discount whatever Mark Jenison says...

> So - right now I'm getting +20VAC on that pin. I'm wondering if I've got
> the wrong resistor in at R932. Should it be .68ohms or 68 ohms? I'd love
> to have this game completely fixed by Christmas. :)

I can take a look tonight on one of my spare ones to verify.

> BTW - If anyone would like to see the schematics, I can scan it in and put
> it up on my website.

They are already available on wiretap. The one on wiretape shows .68 ohms
also, and I think it says +63VAC, but I can't be sure. I got those numbers
from David Shuman a long time ago. I believe the +6.3VAC is for the heater,
and since the tube is the same as the WG6100, my guess is that +6.3VAC is
correct (which would imply that maybe a larger resistor would be called for;
I'll verify for you tonight).

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL