RE: Multi cabinet control panel routing

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortel.ca>
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 15:30:00 EST

In message "Multi cabinet control panel routing", ClayC@diamondmm.com writes:

> > Do you know if the 74xx type stuff is available in a library or in the
> > "full" version of the product?  I am pretty familiar with that kind of
> > logic
> > and getting over my head doing much else.
> >
> You know, I don't know that for sure.

I use the full "blown" version and... sorry, no direct 74XX support.
(But you do get the books!)
However, you don't really need 74XX. If you're going to use real 74XX logic
you still have to select a gate type and translate it to a part number.
Synario just cuts out the middle man and lets you select the gate you want.

As far as the OC "outputs" are concerned, I just use a tri-state op
with OE and the actual output signal tied together. You can pervert this
for inverted logic.

If you want to implement a wire-OR on chip, just use a bigger regular OR.

BTW, with all that I/O, why have only 3 mode select bits? (or are they I2C :-)

-Mark