RE: Tempest screen "bowing"

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 14:49:26 EST

> Anyway, at first I figured it was a monitor problem, so I tested it
> with
> another monitor and it still does the same thing. I can't adjust it
> out with
> the BIP and linear pots (or any pots for that matter), so I was
> wondering if
> any of you might have an idea what might be wrong with the board or
> how I could
> fix this.

You know, actually that looks a lot like Star Wars on a Wells Gardner
monitor without a display corrector in place. Maybe you've got a
problem in the Tempest AVG around the 1495's (the display corrector is
built in on a Tempest). The 1495's are probably OK, but a broken
resistor or other form of "open" can disable the multiplier part of the
display corrector and "put the bowing back".

If possible, test another vector board on the monitor in the Tempest see
if it bows too-- a Space Duel or Gravitar would be a good choice since
they have on-board display correction too.

-Clay