Tempest screen "bowing"

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 14:23:45 EST

Hi all,

I recently finished restoring a Tempest and noticed that the top and bottom of
the screen were bowing in like this (ASCII art):

|\____/|
| |
| |
| |
| ____ |
|/ \|

Well, not that drastically, but hopefully this gets my point across.

Anyway, at first I figured it was a monitor problem, so I tested it with
another monitor and it still does the same thing. I can't adjust it out with
the BIP and linear pots (or any pots for that matter), so I was wondering if
any of you might have an idea what might be wrong with the board or how I could
fix this.

Thanks!

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL