Re: Star Wars stray line on death star explosion

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 11:44:47 EST

On Dec 10, 11:08am, Jay Doubleu wrote:
> Subject: Star Wars stray line on death star explosion
> Hello all, this is my first message to the list:
>
> I have a Star Wars upright that seems to work fine in all respects except
when
> the death star explodes. As the concentric circles are being drawn, a bright
> blue line will be drawn from the center out. It draws at an angle 45 degress
> right of vertical. I have tried turning the brightness down ('screen' pot),
> but with no success. Any ideas?

My Star Wars has this exact same behavior. I've even tried swapping monitors,
but it still remains. My line is white, however.

> The game (seems) to pass all tests. On the
> linear scale test, when to box reaches the center and disappears, a green
line
> along the same trajectory as that blue line is drawn.

Mine does not do this.

More Star Wars...

I have a monitor with the LV2000 installed, and just as the Death Star
explosion finishes and everything is returning to normal, the vectors are all
"connected" for a brief moment to the center of the screen, then everything
returns to normal. I suspect this has something to do with the HV being taxed
during the explosion, and the swing back causes this brief syptom? Could
someone explain to me technically why the monitor "blooms" during the Death
Star explosion?

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL