One other G08 Monitor question

From: Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 02:45:31 EST

Well - I've actually got this thing completely fixed and looking pretty
good. I'm just doing some fine adjustments to it. My question is this....

On my Space Fury - I put the game into service mode where it will draw you
a rectangle with three colored stripes in the center to adjust centering,
convergence purity, etc. Well, my rectangle looks more like a trapezoid.
My suspicion is - someone at the factory got lazy when adjusting the
deflection yoke and didn't put the wedges in with the exact same preciseness
that I would have if I was doing it. So I guess I might have to pull the
wedges off and do the adjusting myself. I've done this with several other
monitors and it's a big pain.

Anyway - the question is - could there be anything else that is causing
the picture to pull to the right? It's not so noticeable during game play
except that some of the convergence goes out in the corners (Which bugs me
of course).

Thanks

Matt