RE: One other G08 Monitor question

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 17:05:57 EST

> Anyway - the question is - could there be anything else that is
> causing
> the picture to pull to the right? It's not so noticeable during game
> play
> except that some of the convergence goes out in the corners (Which
> bugs me
> of course).

Like you suspect, alignment of the yoke on the neck would tend to do
that. My first Star Trek upright never would really converge properly.
I never got up the nerve to completely take it apart and work on it, but
no amount of tinkering with the yoke and rings seemed to be able to fix
the edge convergence. (Particularly in the sector map area.)

Completely removing the yoke and redoing it would have probably done the
trick (could have been the distance of the yoke down the neck that was
causing the problem, so all my tilting and turning wouldn't have
affected that...

-Clay