Re: One other G08 Monitor question

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 06:37:11 EST

Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California wrote:

> OK - it looks to me like the x or y axis is not offset on the scope - but
> let me ask if I'm setting this up right. Do I connect channel 1 probe
> onto pin 1 (x) of the xy timing board and channel 2 probe onto pin 4 (y)
> of the xy timing board? And then set the oscilliscope onto xy mode? I
> was sort of hoping it was possible to watch my game on the oscilliscope.
> Maybe even play one or two rounds :)
>
> Seriously - learning this will really help me with other xy games I'm
> working on - so thanks for the input.

I don't know pinouts, but it sounds like you have the settingsright. When connected
and the scope put into XY mode you
should see the game running PLUS a LOT of extra lines and
probably a VERY bright dot in the center of the scope screen.
What you'll probably want to look at is that test pattern that
originally had you wondering if there was a problem.

All the extra stuff that you see on the scope is blanked on the
monitor by the video signals. You could run one of the video
signals into the Z-axis (brightness) input on the back of the
scope (if it has one), but it isn't worth the trouble.