RE: New Vector Games

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 18:24:10 EST

> Clay would have to be the one to build that.
>
> but wait, I saw that thread on the news group, I don't think we can
> trust
> him anymore. ;-)

*fizz* *fizz* Damn it! Flame thrower's out of fuel!!! (Mental note--
buy more jellied gasoline on the way home...)

Firstoff-- way cool that Jeff and Anders are making progress on new
game(s). I've long wanted too, but don't have the time.

The CPU Get Well kits are optomized for "90%" of the market-- which
means no onboard serial stuff or Flash. I brought the flash pins out to
a header though, and the PAL has extra outputs for doing chip selects.
So, a little daughtercard will be required, but the basic plumbing is
there. (I couldn't justify the extra board space for every board when
only a few people would populate the option.)

I only have two fo the CPU Get Well boards built up at the moment-- one
is my test board and the other is for DaveF. I'm going to make a minor
change to the layout (switching to a SIP resistor network instead of
discretes for some pullups), but otherwise everything's done.

Oh-- Jeff/Anders, should I make a plug-in ROM board for replacing the
Vector ROMs as well? ( was thinking of using a 27512 EPROM and a latch
triggered off one of the PAL outputs. Let you bank switch the VROM if
you want. Easy animation?)

-Clay

-Clay