RE: New Vector Games

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 11:36:53 EST

G'day Jeff and folks,

Now this I like....Jeff has vision!!! But I'd be a little wary of putting
four vector monitors in any games. I'm sure the MTBF might be measured in
weeks. And as you've said there's always the "wall of flame" risks...I'd
hate to loose three good monitors to that oddball flakey monitor that
decides to light up.

Actually, a "videowall" vector monitor isn't that tough. Just hook up the
outputs of your 12 person eliminator to a laser and point it at a movie
screen. Of course, you have a couple obstacles beyond the $10K startup
cost. I imagine you'd have a tough time drawing all the vectors for 12
players with a laser. Well, that and "screen burn" takes on a whole new
meaning!

                Steve Ozdemir
                sso@plpt.com

ps - I can see it now..."Honey, how about getting me some laser equipment
for Xmas?" I can hear her response already, "Just as long as you don't
bring it in the house (or burn marks in her walls)."