Re: Asteroids versions?

From: <JOE.MAGIERA_at_a1il.ameritech.com>
Date: Fri Dec 25 1998 - 14:59:30 EST

On my different versions of Asteroids question, the reply was:

>There were different board verisions:
> 01 status used 12 PROMs
> 02 status used 3 ROMs at C1, D/E1, & F1
> 03 status used either 12 PROMs or 6 PROMs
> 04 status used 3 ROMs at C1, D/E1, & F1
> 05 & 06 status used 3 ROMs at E/F2, H2, & J2
>01 thru 05 used rate multiplier ICs where 06 used PROMs.
>As far as I know, though, there are TWO versions of the actual
>software, the original (where you could hide on the opposite side
>of the screen from the small saucer and it would only shoot across
>the screen) and the version that allowed the small saucer
>to wrap shots.

Thanks for the answer. A follow-up question: to change each of the 6
above statues from one version to the other, is it only a E/P/ROM swap?
Was it all of the ROMs or just a specific few? Which ones are the same in
each version, which ones different?

Also, please someone help me to get an Asteroids board to display corrctly
on an Asteroids Deluxe game (currently displays right side up, but
backwards).

Thanks!

Joe

joe.magiera@ameritech.com