Re: Asteroids versions?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Dec 25 1998 - 14:13:19 EST

There were different board verisions:
    01 status used 12 PROMs
    02 status used 3 ROMs at C1, D/E1, & F1
    03 status used either 12 PROMs or 6 PROMs
    04 status used 3 ROMs at C1, D/E1, & F1
    05 & 06 status used 3 ROMs at E/F2, H2, & J2

    01 thru 05 used rate multiplier ICs where 06 used PROMs.

As far as I know, though, there are TWO versions of the actual
software, the original (where you could hide on the opposite side
of the screen from the small saucer and it would only shoot across
the screen) and the version that allowed the small saucer
to wrap shots.