Asteroids versions?

From: <JOE.MAGIERA_at_a1il.ameritech.com>
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 08:55:49 EST

Does anyone know (in pretty high confidence), how many different (ROM)
versions there ever were for Asteroids? The various emulator sites list
two versions, but I once asked Rick Schieve and he (admittedly guessing)
felt there were several.

I must have at least 4 different "makes" of Asteroids boards. By this I
mean they must have been produced in a different batch, even though they
were exactly the same game i.e., the name "Asteroids" is in different
places on the board. I have one that has it "Asteroid" - singular, not
plural.

What's the story? Please let me know. Thanks,

Joe

joe.magiera@ameritech.com