Re: New Vector Games

From: Jeffh <Jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 19:20:04 EST

Your last paragraph explains why I'm having so much trouble.
Atari uses only relative beam placement (except for the center command)
I've got a draw ship routine working that draws the shape point to point and
I have all the rotating stuff working (I pre-rotate the shapes for the first
90, then I flop points around the x and/or y axises to get a full 360).
I was thinking of breaking it down to individual segments and have a
displacement vector between segments, I would then use the linear scale
command to scale down the displacement when the ship is whole, and then
slowly scale it up during an explosion (this would mean that the scale
command would change 26 times during a ship draw : there are 13 segments on
the star trek ship)
So If I do it this way (which is the only way I can think of), It will take
me a little bit longer to figure it out. I guess I also need to figure out
how much Vector RAM this will eat up, If I run out, I will have to draw each
ship every other screen.

-jeff

jeffh@diac.com
Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/