Re: Testing Cinematronics CPU's

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 13:25:37 EST

I think someone needs to take the time to build a "Monitor Saver" for
the XY games. My idea is something like the watchdog reset, but instead
of just resetting the game board, the monitor's power is CUT OFF untill
the board settles down. A simple relay driven by the RESET on the game
board or IRQ (if the IRQ is hit regularily, then relay times out if no
hits within a set time period) or whatever, a small capacitor on the
relay to give it a two second delay would be usefull too. This would
also help when the +5 disappears, as THAT is the power for the relay (as
I see it), the relay would be normally open (when no power) and only
when all conditions are right would the relay energize and then the
monitor would get it's power.

So who has some time to build this?

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com