Re: Startech Journal Back Issues?

From: Kev <Mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat Jan 09 1999 - 13:26:03 EST

>The First STJ CD is a pain in the butt to use. It is of low quality and
was
>created using a goofy format that can only be read with the Microsoft Media
>Player. You cannot print out any of the articles, as the print button is
>always grayed out.
>I know the second volume and all the rest of the CD's use Adobe Acrobat,
the
>first one did not.

>** I may have an old version of the CD, so all this may be a waste of
>bandwidth**

I thought STJ was advertizing a new fully searchable version but I'm not
sure if it includes the first volumes.

On the issue of copyright, how does STJ copyright Bally, Atari, Exidy,
Williams, etc.... Service bullitens & updates? If we sourced the original
bullitens that STJ is built from, what gripe could they have?

I guess the idea I'm saying is use a STJ to find the orignal bullietns &
copy those.... then the legal issue would not be with STJ but with the
originating authours, which so far has not been an issue here.

Kev
mowerman@erols.com
http://www.erols.com/mowerman