Binary Rate Multipliers...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 13:55:45 EST

Were you looking for the STJ journal on the BRM replacement out of
curiosity or a specific need? Jameco (or maybe JDR?) was blowing out
7497's a while back. I bought some to be safe...

I used the old TI databook (the kinda rusty-brown/orange ones) that had
an actual gate-level circuit for the BRM. Put the whole thing in as
gates in Synario. (It was my first Synario project.) Pretty damn ugly
to say the least. ;-) It does work in simulation though. I finally got
an Asteroids board working this weekend (tinkering with the Color
Asteroids mod-- again) so maybe I'll try my replacement for grins.

I'm *really* trying to resist the urge to build a new Asteroids board
out of CPLD or FPGAs... ;-)

-Clay