Re: 8/16bit cpu w/ network

From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla_at_vectrex.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 10:42:06 EST

Hi Clay,

>There's quite a few out there with built in CAN...

CAN? Sorry to ask but that's not an acronym I'm familiar with.

>....I know at least one is an 8051 varient....

I've not had any serious involvement in embedded systems (other than as an
occasional hobby project) since '92, so I don't know if it's still in
production, but the 80152 (8051 variant) which I was wibbling on about in here
a few weeks back has a built in CD/CSMA "uart".

>.... A friend of mine used that making a big slot-car
>monitoring/scoring system for arcades...

:-) A friend of mine did a similar project in '91 for his Scalectrix setup,
used a Z8 though.

  TTFN - Pete.

--
 Peter Pachla: Computer Hardware & Software Engineer,
               Sound Engineer,