RE: 2114's ->RE: BattleZone probs....

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 14:59:17 EST

> This reminds me of one of the Galaga cures
> from back in the 80's, it warned that you HAD TO use a TI 74LSXX(I
> forget the exact chip) in the clock circuit otherwise the game is not
> reliable! Other manufacturers apparently had slightly different timing
> and would be off enough to cause intermittant problems.

Yep. Some of those long device chains caused problems with propogation
delay in Atari stuff too. Check out the "Atari Documentation" on my old
webpage-- http://www.e-volve.net/~clay/game_tech.html

(In "Problem #3" it would seem a faster 2114 would actually help-- since
450ns of the timing loop is the 2114 and they were about 70ns over...)

-Clay