RE: BattleZone probs....

From: Michael Schulz <mschulz_at_ti.com>
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 17:05:43 EST

> I've bought a complete set of replacement sockets for the ROMs which I intend
> to install shortly (even though the existing ones seem to be in excellent
> condition). I was toying with the idea of using turned pin sockets however,
> but considering the extra cost I'd have to be convinced that there would be
> an appreciable reliability increase....I recall having problems some years
> ago when using turned pin sockets in prototype equipment.

The reason you're replacing the sockets is because the original
manufacturer used some cheapo sockets to begin with.

Why not head off future similar problems by using machine pin sockets
instead of more cheapo sockets?

Mike

    The opinions and views expressed are my own, and do not
    necessarily reflect those of Adventa Control Technologies, Inc.