Re: BattleZone probs....

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 01:35:50 EST

I've found that machine pin sockets are not any better than any other
after about a half dozen insertions. In fact the problem I have with
them is you can't see when they fail. The double side wipe sockets are
easy to spot when they fail, there is an obvious (well somewhat obvious)
gap between the metal wipe faces. A simple rule of finger that I use is
if you can pull the IC out with two fingers the socket is toast. I also
keep a bad IC handy with just one or two pins bent down to check for the
grab of sockets that I suspect. This finds some bad pins quite quickly.

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com