Re: BZ (was Re: New Vector Games)

From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla_at_vectrex.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 20:03:54 EST

Hi Gregg,

>Why bother with this; it has already been done, including comments!

Errm, because I wasn't aware it had been done...? Though I shouldn't be
surprised.

>....However, with a little bit of digging, one should be able to find out
who
>the 2 guys were....

Worth a try!!

>....The story is that the original source code is in Fortran and one
>of the guys actually had a paper copy from which he produced his port.

I'd be surprised if it were written in FORTRAN, just wouldn't make sense. I've
got an old issue of "Creative Computing" somewhere containing an interview with
the programmer, I'll dig it up and see if he mentions whether or not he wrote
it in assembly language.

  TTFN - Pete.

--
 Peter Pachla: Computer Hardware & Software Engineer,
               Sound Engineer,