Re: Zanen cap kit

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 15:59:29 EST

There's nothing wrong with the Zanen kits. I disagree with their
choice of replacement transistors for the Electrohome G08
(Sega) vector monitor, but the proper transistors are no longer
available.

As for quality of parts, they exceed that of the ones you're taking
out of the monitor. You CAN buy better parts, at a higher cost,
but there is no problem with the ones in the Zanen kits. If you
want longer life from the parts the real answer is to have a fan
blowing air through the monitor to keep everything cool. That
will gain you even more life than the high temp caps would.