Re: remapping controls

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 00:35:56 EST

In a message dated 2/9/99 2:44:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, miranda@angel.com
writes:

<< While thinking about how annoying it will be to make a wiring harness to
 remap the controls from a Space Duel cabinet to a Gravitar board (Why did
 Atari do that!!?!?! They are the same buttons!!!) I thought of something
 else... What about disassembling the Gravitar code and changing the part
 that assigns the buttons? Then you could have a custom set of Gravitar
 ROMs that would allow you to just swap out the two games! Ok all you
 hackers, does anyone know where this information is stored? Jess, if you
 could make Major Havoc 2, this must be a breeze...right? >>

I just made a new control harness that plugged into my regular Gravitar
harness when I want to play SD. However, I'm running an upright Gravitar, and
I simply swap panels when I want to change from Gravitar to SD. You could just
plug in to a seperate harness on your CT when you chenge boards, but I don't
know if you want to bother...