Re: new battlezone owner

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 22:36:55 EST

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Andrew Wilson wrote:

> I'd say that it's the "classic HV diode" problem - I just fixed
> this on my Ast. Deluxe. There's a rectifier diode in the HV cage - when
> it starts to go out, the voltage lost across it increases as it heats
> up, causing a "blooming" effect on your display.

In case you want a third (fourth?) opinion -- i'ld say almost certainly the
problem is that diode. SK7333 will do it. It's expensive, and they have to
order it. Order 2 for when you screw one of them up.

Freeze spray will nail it down without a doubt.

> about doing the HV replacement - I would never have gotten mine
> installed without advice from Chris Candreva and others on the list.

And I would have never gotten mine working without Al Kossow, John
Robertson, David Shoemaker, and a bunch of other people. (Don't want anyone
thinking I'm an expert or anything . . . :-)

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/