RE: Fluke 9100

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 11:52:32 EST

> Has anybody written any TL/1
> programs for testing Atari boards? With an I/O pod or two (and a full
> compliment of clip adapters) you could do some pretty cool stuff with
> nice GFI program..

There's some Fluke 9010 programs floating around that test some Atari
stuff (the Pole Position one is pretty impressive). They use the 9010
Language Compiler and serial option for download. I don't know how
similar (or not) it is to the 9100 language. The 9100 I had didn't have
the keyboard, so I didn't try programming it at all.

> Maybe pick an object in the vector ROM to draw on the
> screen, then read the signatures off the ICs in the vector generator
> through an I/O pod.. pulse the inputs and read them back.. etc.

I've been working on Asteroids stuff the last few days. With just the
6502 pod in you can checksum and test all RAM and ROM (since the CPU can
get at the VG memory). For grins, plug a 6502 pod into Asteroids and
fire up the machine (you can look at the address in FFFF and FFFE and do
a "Run UUT" to there to get the code started). Once you get something
on the screen, hit "WRITE" and enter 3000 as an address and and value as
data. Hit ENTER. The CPU will halt, but you'll get one strobe on the
DMAGO line. Now hit LOOP. The 9010 will continually write to location
3000, which will get you a "refreshed" vector generator display on the
screen. You can write to VRAM and just do the "WRITE 3000 LOOP" thing
to see the results...

(The 9010 made really short work on four dead Asteroids boards I had-- I
fixed 'em all in an afternoon.)

-Clay