Re: Sega XY - free play

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 12:36:24 EST

On Feb 16, 9:07am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: RE: Sega XY - free play
> Which do you think is better-- always having two credits, or some
> "magic" button combo that adds a credit while in demo mode?

Personally, I'd rather always have 2 credits (home version of the EPROMS, like
pinball does). Much more user friendly than trying to explain "button combos"
to people.

What would be ideal is if you could some how map this to a dip switch setting
so it would be like every other game out there. But that'd probably be asking
too much.

> The Eliminator one could be a little harder, but the "free play" change
> for the rest should be relatively straight-forward. I might need to go
> find a Mac made in the late 90's and take a look again... ;-) (My
> 7100/80 at work is a little, shall we say, slow-- for the Emulator.)

Yeah, the Eliminator 4-player fix would be all about getting rid of the damn
coin timing sequence.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL