Re: Lunar Lander Test Mode? Anyone?

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 15:55:28 EST

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Clay Cowgill wrote:

> Somebody must know something about this... Does Lunar Lander display
> anything in its test mode? Or does it just blink LED's? What does LED
> blinking mean?

Means the LEDs turn on, then off, then on again, then off again... :)

> Anyone have a Lunar Lander they can flick into test mode and tell me
> what happens?

Seriously, now that I've unpacked the Asteroids cabinet, the box that
contains the adaptors for the LL <-> Asteroids wiring, a copy of the
poster from inside an LL upright, and if I can find the control panel
and LL board in the next couple of days, I'll be able to give a full
report on LL's behavior. (At least on the test mode cross-hatch, as
I'm not sure if I hooked up the control panel to any degree greater
than setting up the thrust control...)

One catch, though - the lights on the buttons were LEDs, if I recall
correctly, but there are also lights behind the part of the control
panel which tell you what mode you're playing in - those lights are
small incandescents.

Later,
Doug.

--