Re: Hmmmmm... ROM archives?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 18:02:49 EST

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:30:11 -0800, Gaymond Lee <gblee@concentric.net> wrote:

>I thought your set has a bug in it? My current version doesn't do the weird
>thing that you thought might be a bug? I will still have the CC for a
>couple of months before I ship it.
>Gaymond

I had a flurry of ROM image sent to me about of month ago under the
misconception that all I needed were these images to run an emulation of Cosmic
Chasm.

I think since the game is relatively rare, not everyone realizes that the
hardware is different than a standard Cinematronics board (vectorlist people
are, of course, the exception).

My CC does have a bug, I don't know if it's hardware or software, I haven't
tried the new ROMs sent to me yet.

The images sent to me matched each other with one exception. One of the ROMs in
one set had every bit3 set, so I assumed it was a bad read or a bad ROM.

Either way if anyone's interested I've been sending out both my version (which
seem like an earlier version than the ones sent me), and the version sent to me.

It be interesting to know what version you have Gaymond? They seem to mark the
parts with version numbers. The sets I have were marked as follows...

-Zonn

(Let me know if your's are different!)

Set #1 ROM Labels (Possibly pre-production Cosmic Chasm)
CHASM U1 (B3)
CHASM U2
CHASM U3
CHASM U4 (B4)