Re: Lunar Lander Test Mode? Anyone?

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 09:33:17 EST

In a message dated 2/17/99 5:05:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ClayC@diamondmm.com writes:

<< 2) Use thrust and fire. My thought was to just use a little PIC or AVR
 to read those two buttons and present an 8-bit thrust value to the
 appropriate register. Fire is "thrust value up", Thrust is "thrust
 value down". "double-clicking" on Thrust instantly sets thrust to None,
 "double-clicking" on Fire instantly sets thrust to Max. Hyperspace is
 Abort. I think that would work OK, might need to have a little "count
 slow when button first pressed, count fast when button held down more
 than xxx mS" condition, but the AVR or PIC can handle that in it's
 sleep... >>

This is a crazy idea, but I've got a Negcon driving controller (by Namco for
the Playstation) with analog buttons on it. (These are used for gas/brake, you
can push a little to accelerate a little, brake a little, or a lot). Maybe
there is some way to convert this idea to a standard size Atari Asteroids
button. When you want to play 'stroids, you could simply switch the analog
button with the standard button.