Re: Rate Multiplier BD? What do I have?

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 09:22:19 EST

In a message dated 2/17/99 1:31:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, jrr@flippers.com
writes:

<< > It's a small board, 3.5 inches wide, 4.5 inches tall. I got it from a
guy
> that said he took it off an Asteroids board. I think I remember some
> recent conversation here that sounded like this. The board has printed on
> it:
>
> RATE MULTIPLIER BD
> A035885
> ATARI c 80 >>

I was unaware until recently that Atari actually made one, I thought General
Computing did most of these. In my opinion, the "rate multiplier board" is
better than many other Asteroids speed mods in that it has a pot to adjust
exactly how fast you want the board to go. The other mods I've seen do not
have an adjustment.