Rate Multiplier BD? What do I have?

From: <JOE.MAGIERA_at_a1il.ameritech.com>
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 09:16:58 EST

What do I have here?

It's a small board, 3.5 inches wide, 4.5 inches tall. I got it from a guy
that said he took it off an Asteroids board. I think I remember some
recent conversation here that sounded like this. The board has printed on
it:

RATE MULTIPLIER BD
A035885
ATARI c 80

The solder side has printed on it: 035886

It's got three rows of 4 chips. The top row is labeled K7, J7, H7, and
F7. These are soldered in chips that may read (the writing is small, so
I'm not sure) 8001 @ K7 & J7, 7940 @ H7, and DM74LS02K @ F7. The middle
row are socketed, but are empty and are labeled K8, J8, H8, and F8. This
row has pins on the solder side that would fit into another board. The
bottom row is socketed and labeled K9, J9, H9, and F9. The numbers are
really hard to read, but all appear to be the same and have 35904, DM74S5
(as best as I can read).

At first I thought this might be the speed up chip for Asteroids, but I
remember Jess once telling me this was just a change on the main board.

All right you guys, what's the story?

Joe

joe.magiera@ameritech.com