RE: Rate Multiplier BD? What do I have?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 13:21:49 EST

That's what I think it is. The only thing I found was a PDF, but it
just looks like a description of the 7497. Star*Tech Journal has a
schematic of the Atari Rate Multiplier replacement, but it's totally
illegible is memory serves. Maybe the part number is ledgible.

(You just don't need very many parts to speed up the IRQ rate to the
CPU-- certainly not 8+. I'm really convinced the mystery board is a
replacement for the 7497's. The four empty sockets are probably the
PROMs that make the bitstreams to approximate the 7497's behavior...)

-Clay