Re: Rate Multiplier BD? What do I have?

From: Jess Askey (At Work ;-) <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 13:23:18 EST

Looks like the Rate Multiplier was a not-so-standard TTL chip. I would
imagine since Atari had to produce over 50,000 PCB's the parts supply
on these ran short so they had to make their own replacement PCB's. Sort
of like the Pac-Man situation with their custom IC's.
  Sorry, if someone already said all this, I haven't been paying
attention to this thread until now. DOH!