RE: Lunar Lander on Asteroids. :-)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 18:53:09 EST

> So Clay, is this wonderful new toy going to be made available to us
> mere
> mortals as a daughter card or some such? Is this the beginning of a
> new
> multigame?

Yep, that's the plan! I'll spare the list the full speal, but I posted
on RGVAC what I'm up to.

> I for one, and I hope a bunch of other folks, would be willing
> to pay you gobs of money for this. (ok, more like a buck fifty :-)

The idea is a $99-150 kit (depending on features and quantities that I
build). Probably closer to the low end of that range, but I hedge on
the price until I know how many boards I'm doing and what the cost is.
In a nutshell the goal is all ROM versions of Asteroids, Deluxe, and
LunarLander on one plug-in board with a software menu system. SRAM
highscore saves for Ast and Deluxe, POKEY chip for Deluxe Sound, A/D
converter for thrust controller for LL.

> Seriously though, I've always wanted to add a LL to my vector
> collection
> and this might be the closest I'll ever come to getting something
> close to
> it. So... what say you?

In a nutshell I think the answer is "yes". I have a NOS thrust
controller from Atari, but never ran across a Lunar Lander board-- so
I'm doing this for my own selfish reasons too. ;-)

> On an unrelated note, are the SW/ESB multigames still available?

Yup. I've got about 5 built up now.

-Clay