Re: Lunar Lander bipolar proms

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_Agouron.COM>
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 13:20:26 EST

Frank Palazzolo wrote:

> > I dont' think that all the PROM sockets are populated in LL. I have not
> > seen my LL board for a while but I have the same situation. If I
> > remember right, every other socket is stuffed with a PROM. Can anyone
> > verify?
> >

> This makes sense...I have 8 of 16 bipolars socketed...which is
> 8x1Kx4 bits = 4K...and there are only 2 of 4 2716's installed, which
> means the other 2 would also make 4K.
>
> I'll bet you could go all bipolar or all 2716 if you wanted..not that
> anyone would want to ;)

I got my second LL PCB *real* cheap because the person thought there
were chips missing. It had all the sockets for the PROMs, but was
strapped for EPROMs. Board worked fine ;-)

Regardless, strap your board for EPROMs and burn those. Infinitely
easier to find images and maintain in the long run.

Ray